What is Direct Therapy?
“I’ve discovered that I am one of those therapists who is unable to be anything but direct. Life is too short to hide in the shadows, especially when the shadows are often our own.”
Direct Therapy means:
- I will not lie to you or sugar coat issues
- I will work hard to make sure that we are having truth revealing sessions
- I will point out when rationalizations, denial, or other misdirections are occurring in the session
- I will put your welfare and wellbeing first by making sure that you are facing yourself as honestly and directly as possible
- I will respect your ability to grow in truth and authenticity
- I will help you confront “avoidance” of difficult issues (I call them “the shadows”) in order to help you follow a path to discovery and enlightenment
- I believe 100% in your ability to confront life and live in truth and peace about yourself
Granted, my directness may not be for everyone. But for those seeking to face themselves on issues as sensitive as identity and relationships, I have found it to be the best method to follow.